RE: shear wall perforations

There is a good article in the June 2000 issue of the Structural Engineer
(www.gostructural.com <http://www.gostructural.com> ) magazine on the design
methodology for perforated shear walls. The approach seems well thought out
and apparently is based on extensive testing. We adopted its use as an
alternate means of analyzing such walls in the City of San Jose.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA