Re: What code to use

Ken
under the provisions of the building code,  I assume you plan to get a
building permit, you need to design  the house undert he current code.
That is the problem with non-permited work.  you hope that it will come up
to current standards.  Then you hope it passes the inspection routine by
the jurisdiction.  Non- permited work generally gives the contractors a
lisence to do whatever the heck they please.
Good luck
S. Ghosn, P.E.