Why "stiffening" girder or truss?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?
- From: "Heungbae Gil" <heungbae(--nospam--at)netsgo.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:17:49 +0900
The girder or truss for cable supported bridges are called "stiffening girder or truss".
However, I could not understand why the giders are called "stiffening girder" rather than just girder.
Does anybody know the meaning of "stiffening" ?
Why is it called stiffening girder?
Thanx in advance
- Prev by Subject: RE: Which is the BEST for Steel Design
- Next by Subject: Re: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?
- Previous by thread: CEU SE Classes
- Next by thread: Re: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?