Re: need information about LRFD for Steel

I will offer a "shameless plug" for Charlie.  If you have not already done
so, you might want to check out the article in the most recent Structural
Engineer magazine about LRFD vs ASD.  Part of the article is Charlie
providing responses to questions/comments about LRFD issues.  The point
that I thought was the best was that IF AISC did do a 10 edition ASD
manual, that we (ASD users...I have not succumbed to the darkside yet) may
not be too entrailed with an updated ASD spec.  He pointed out that an
updated ASD spec would be similar in "complexity" to the current LRFD spec
if the last 13 years or so of improvements were added to the ASD spec.
Definitely an interesting article...if nothing else it can always reopen
that can of worms subject on the list...ASD vs LRFD.

Scott