Re: So-Cal bar joists

It seems to me that this is just the time for you to contact your bar joist
supplier, and SJI.  That's a question that such people like to field in order
to protect their industry.

Besides, given discussions on this list, the same argument might easily be
applied to ASD or LRFD, depending upon the engineer.

Keith Fix, PE CA
Cromwell Architects Engineers