Re: shear wall perforations

I'm continually amazed that non-engineers have such power there in your locale.

Here in Houston, an engineers' seal is paramount. The plans inspector simply
looks for the seal on structural drawings, and that's enough for him. Why a
building official should have the power to make your engineering decisions is
beyond me. It seems to fly in the face of the intent of engineer licensing.

Just an editorial comment.