From: Yousefi, Ben [mailto:Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)ci.sj.ca.us]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 1:38 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: shear wall perforations

There is a good article in the June 2000 issue of the Structural
Engineer
(www.gostructural.com <http://www.gostructural.com> ) magazine on the
design
methodology for perforated shear walls. The approach seems well thought
out
and apparently is based on extensive testing. We adopted its use as an
alternate means of analyzing such walls in the City of San Jose.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA