RE: Wind Loading on Existing Structures

Charlie-
Wouldn't that also hold true for seismic events?  :<)

The rationale behind lower loadings due to infrequent events and existing
buildings is really just a question of risk of exposure (an existing
building has an assumed shorter remaining economic life and hence a lower
probability that the building occupants will experience the infrequent event
during the remaining life of the building), not what the maximum (or more
appropriately, design maximum) event is.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Oakland CA