Re: Wind Loading on Existing Structures

Eric,

I ain't no wind expert.  But if in 30 years, the building has seen 155
mph sustained on 4 occasions, would it not be reasonable to expect that
it will see 155 mph on 4 occassions in the next 30 years?  Is it not
realistically possible it will see one typhoon with greater than 155 mph
sustained in the remainder of it's life.  It doesn't seem like 155 mph
sustained is an unrealistic demand to shoot for.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA