Reinforcing for a Metal Building System Slab-on-Grade

Hello all,

I apologize if this is a discussion that has been brought up before.

What minimum amount of reinforcing meets Code requirements when hairpins are
present in a slab-on-grade with, perhaps, fork lift traffic but no heavy
storage rack leg loads? It seems that it would be appropriate to at least
provide enough steel required to transfer the hairpin forces and tie
everything together (possible unequal distribution of support for forklift
loads, etc.), but is there a need to consider the minimums per Section
1907.12 as applicable?

This may be one of those "bonehead" questions, but I'd like to know what the
consensus is (if there is one).

TIA,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.