Re: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?
- From: "Roy Sharif M. Sison" <roysharif(--nospam--at)pacific.net.ph>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:13:11 +0800
I think the reason for that is that its main purpose is to stiffen the deck which, in this case is being carried by the suspension system, which is a very flexible system. Considering that the cable hangers are spaced not very far apart, then you don't need a stiff girder or a truss. But since you need to stiffen the deck, then you need to have stiff girders or trusses which, in most cases are deep.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?
- Next by Subject: Wind Loading on Existing Structures
- Previous by thread: RE: Why "stiffening" girder or truss?
- Next by thread: Wind Loading on Existing Structures