Two Tiered Proposal and Proposal for the Establishment of the Academy of Structural Engineering

I have posted two papers on The Structuralist.Net website which may be of
interest to SEAOC members:

Two Tier Practice Act for Structural Engineer's License - is a draft
authored by Bill Warren, John Shipp and Teresa Castle that proposes the
guidelines for instituting the 2-tiered licensing. I recommend you read this
as it appears SEAOC intends to move fast and if you want to post comments to
Bill Warren, you should do so as soon as possible.

The second is a Proposal by Bill Warren to create the Establishment of the
Academy of Structural Engineering which will be beneficial in training,
continuing education and credited educational courses for practicing
engineers who wish to work toward an SE-II license OR who are just
interested in improving their skills.

Both documents are ambitious and represent a new path for SEAOC with regard
to almost one half of their members. Please read my previous post from
yesterday to learn of my concerns.

You can view the documents at:

http://www.structuralist.net/professional_opinions.htm

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax

discussion forums at"

subscription (always free). To subscribe send an e-mail to one of the
following addresses:

For Full Listservice:  	aec-residential-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
For Digest Format:	aec-residential-digest-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc

To subscribe OR Unsubscribe - enter one of the following words in the body
of the message and send. Do not place information in the subject line as it
will be ignored.

subscribe

unsubscribe