RE: HS bolts

Mark,

The correct specification for A307 anchor rods is F1554-36 ksi.  The
allowables should be predicated on A36 material as opposed to A307.  A 307
bolts have machine forged heads and require additional testing as a bolt
product.  This will include testing of the bolt head according to the A307
specification.  F1554-36 ksi anchor bolts will generally have threaded ends
and will use a nut for anchorage.

Longer headed bolts can be manufactured by forming the heads using a
"hot-head" process, but that is generally more expensive and less reliable
than using a nut on a threaded rod.

F1554- 36 ksi bolts are generally made to order and have no typical length.

I have used HS anchor bolts (F1554 - 105 ksi) many times on commercial,
industrial, and heavy industrial structures.  They are very common in the
petrochemical and vessel and tank industry.

Regards,
Harold Sprague