Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Seismic design for existing buildings with new additions

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
For new buildings look at:

For retrofit of existing structures you need FEMA 273 and FEMA 274. Contact
FEMA for hard copies. They are being updated and their electronic versions
will be available after that. Also look at


-----Original Message-----
From: Fariborz Tehrani [mailto:fmtehrani(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 4:00 PM
To: seaint
Subject: Seismic design for existing buildings with new additions

Dear Colleagues,
I'm looking for FEMA/NEHRP codes and regulations that
we can use -besides UBC- to redesign and/or upgrade
existing buildings with new additions. I appreciate if
somebody direct me to the most updated references.
Thanks in advance,

Fariborz Tehrani,                      Phone: (310)509-8826
Civil Engineer                           Fax: (530)481-9532
BSCE, MSCE, PE                    Voice Mail: (877)743-6206
email: fmtehrani(--nospam--at)

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free!