RE: Axial load on stair stringers?

Marlou,

Re:; Metal Stairs Manual, National Association of Architectural Metal
Manufacturers, Chicago. http://www.naamm.org/

The NAAMM ignores tension and compression and assume the wall and face
stringer are bending elements with no axial load.  I have designed very
wierdly configured stringers for compression in the past, but the vast
majority are bending only.

Regards,
Harold Sprague