THE CASE FOR NATIONAL LICENSING OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS

Mark Oakford passed on this article published in an unknown SE magazine by
Dr. Gene Corley, SE - Illinois titled "THE CASE FOR NATIONAL LICENSING OF
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS"
It is a slightly different approach to the same issues authored by SEAOC.
Corley's paper explains the licensing acts from the start and also does more
to explain how the technology age has created a necessity to standardize the
licensing requirements across state lines - if only because more firms are
draying on professional labor other areas of the country and the issue of
legal responsibility and engineering competency is growing.
I've posted the paper for download on The Structuralist.Net for your review.
This may be a more comprehensive approach to take than so narrow a
definition attempted by SEAOC. You may wish to comment on our list regarding
this issue.

Download at: http://www.structuralist.net/professional_opinions.htm

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax

discussion forums at"

subscription (always free). To subscribe send an e-mail to one of the
following addresses:

For Full Listservice:  	aec-residential-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
For Digest Format:	aec-residential-digest-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc

To subscribe OR Unsubscribe - enter one of the following words in the body
of the message and send. Do not place information in the subject line as it
will be ignored.

subscribe

unsubscribe