Fwd: Code violations continues

In a message dated 10/2/00 11:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, RGRAY AIA
writes:

<< ubj: Re: Code violations continues
 Date:  10/2/00 11:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  RGRAY AIA
 To:    GEOHAK, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, RGRAY AIA
 To:    MarkKGilligan(--nospam--at)compuserve.com

 I missed this thread's beginning, but it's relevant to the standard of care
issue i.e. the trying (mistakenly, I think) to codify ethical issues.

 George, what's wrong with simple breach of contract?  Even if only implied
by the registration nof the perp as a GC?  It's pretty obvious, I guess, but
I don't know.

"" Contractors and sub-contractors are becoming increasingly aggressive and
sophisticated in drafting contracts with severe limitation of liabilities.
In many cases there will be a clause limiting liability to "repair or
replace" the defective portions of the structure.  That may seem adequate,
but when the owner has suffered other financial damages caused by the delay
in construction, delay during repair, or other losses, tort damages are the
only option to recover those losses incurred.  ""
George Hakim
--- Begin Message ---
I missed this thread's beginning, but it's relevant to the standard of care
issue i.e. the trying (mistakenly, I think) to codify ethical issues.

George, what's wrong with simple breach of contract?  Even if only implied by
the registration nof the perp as a GC?  It's pretty obvious, I guess, but I
don't know.

Mark, hi!

Gary

--- End Message ---