Control Joints for Concrete on Form Deck

Hello

What is the standard practice for the placement of control joints in
concrete placed on form deck.  For my case the deck carries the vertical
loads and the concrete and deck are utilized as a diaphragm for resisting
lateral loads.  Does the deck act as reinforcement to prevent shrinkage or
do I treat it as a slab on grade and design shrinkage reinforcement?  On the
few second floors I have been exposed (typically mezzanines) joints were not
used.  Are there any good references on this subject?

Thanks

Mike Zaitz