RE: Certification of Structural Engineers

Definitely an idea whose time has come. I wish the NCSEA utmost success in
accomplishing this. I just have a concern regarding the two-tier
registration that is being proposed. As noted earlier by Jeff Coronado the
cleanest way to accomplish this is by just having an SE registration rather
than SE-I and SE-II. I like a program similar to the ones states of Illinois
and Washington have in place. SE registration would be required for the
design of all but simple (i.e. 3 stories or less with some limitation on the
occupant load) structures.

My two cents

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA