Manually posting General Notes to Structuralist Forum

I am receiving Structural Notes from a few of you for posting on The
Structuralist.Net website. The notes are being divided by Division (Wood,
Concrete, General, Steel etc.) and are being displayed on the Discussion
forum as a Category called "Specification and Notes - Structural" (I will,
upon request, create a similar category for Architects who wish to compile
notes for download). You can access this area directly at:

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Head
lines&BID=49

(keep the full link on one line or you will receive a CGI-Script error)

YOU MUST BE REGISTERED (FREE) ON THE DISCUSSION FORUM TO GAIN ACCESS, POST
OR DOWNLOAD THESE NOTES. This is to protect the site from unwanted
solicitations or uploads containing viruses.

PLEASE VERIFY ALL DOWNLOADS WITH VIRUS SOFTWARE - WE DON'T HAVE THE
RESOURCES TO CHECK ALL UPLOADS TO THE SITE.

I could use some help - actually, those who want to contribute can place
their own notes in the forum. Please follow the example I have left using
Harold Sprague's contribution. Here are the steps (PLEASE SEPARATE ALL
DIVISIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL MATERIALS - YOU MAY COMBINE THE FIRST FOUR
CATEGORIES AS I HAVE DONE WITH HAROLD'S NOTES SINCE THEY TYPICALLY ARE USED
ON ALL DRAWINGS).

1. I have created categories for the note Divisions - using the notes I
received from Harold Sprague to start. When submitting notes, please make
sure you separate them into their divisions and zip them individually for
uploading.
2. If you wish to post notes under the division of Wood, for example, simply
view the post under the topic Wood and click on the REPLY button. If a
division does not exist, Click on the POST button and start a division using
the same format that I have followed on the site.
3. Follow the same format that I have used - cut and paste the notes to the
message body so we can all see what notes can be downloaded (you can even
cut and paste).
4. You can upload your notes when you are ready to post the message - make
sure that you have selected the box that states "Preview your post and/or
attach a file?" When you click on the Post button, you will see your message
(the text you have in the notes) and will have the opportunity to upload the
note file
4a) Please Zip each division of notes to conserve server hard drive space (I
only get 40 megs for my site an probably 1/3 of it is currently used).
4b) Click on the browse feature to find the file you will upload on your
hard drive. Again, make sure they are in Zip format (compressed)
4c) The rest is automatic - the program will upload the notes to a directory
on The Structuralist.Net server and will place an attachment on the Forum
message in the lower right corner.

Those who want to download notes can go to the forum and look up the
division that they need, review the notes submitted and download one or more
(if you wish to compile them or create notes for specific regions of the
country). Click on the link in the lower right and the file is yours!

I will also post the DWG file for Structural Observation that was posted a
year or so ago to the internet by Sandy Pringle (inspector) on behalf of the
SEAOC and the City of Los Angeles. This is one D-size drawing (I will remove
the boarder so you can insert it as a block).

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax

discussion forums at"

subscription (always free). To subscribe send an e-mail to one of the
following addresses:

For Full Listservice:  	aec-residential-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
For Digest Format:	aec-residential-digest-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc

To subscribe OR Unsubscribe - enter one of the following words in the body
of the message and send. Do not place information in the subject line as it
will be ignored.

subscribe

unsubscribe