Re: ASCE Delegation to Cuba

I have received these invitations for over 25 yrs. and consider them to
be high priced travel agency trips aimed at everyone who belongs to ASCE,
APWA  and similar organizations. I received invitations to go to China
and the former USSR and was later able to go to the same cities and
places (and talk to engineers and public officials)  for much less. I
visited Cuba for a week 3 yrs. ago on my own and saw many buildings in
various states of repair for a total of about $750 including airfare from
LA to Mexico City.
I wonder how much this trip costs.

Stan Scholl, P. E.

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:37:55 -0700 "Nels Roselund"
<n.roselund(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Peter,
>
> I have received invitations to join people-to-people delegations to
> China --
> never to Cuba.  It's not been clear to me why I was invited -- it
> didn't
> seem to be related to my specialization in repair and strengthening
> of old
> buildings.
>
> I've never pursued the matter, but I've wondered if the program is
> fishing
> for tourists using an interesting lure.  Is anyone familiar with the
> People-to-People program, or aware of its purposes and
> accomplishments?
>
> Nels Roselund
> Structural Engineer

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!