Blast Resistant Design

I have an H-2 structure that contains an explosive process...

BOCA (governing building code) refers me to the NFPA 68 dealing with blast
venting...my questions are these:

1.  Does the H-2 classification require explosion resistant design?

2.  If so, the NFPA seems to indicate that you can vent or design the
structure to resist the peak blast loading.  What's wrong with allowing the
lightweight siding to "blow off" the building?  Is it because of danger to
anyone who may be in the area or surrounding structures at the time?

Obviously, if I can design the building with a steel skeleton and
lightweight roofing/siding it will be considerably less expensive than a
concrete/reinforced cmu structure designed to resist blast.

I'm looking for guidance here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John Whitty, P.E.