Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Concrete slump[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Concrete slump
- From: Paul_Reilly(--nospam--at)dot.ca.gov
- Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:09:35 -0700
One additional factor that can influence slump in pumped concrete is that batched aggregates and sand are frequently considered as 'saturated surface dry' (ssd) in the mix design. High line pressure can readily super-saturate aggregates and sand reducing the free water available to mix. Temperature and addmix constituents are certainly factors. Larger lines will reduce contact friction and heat.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete slump
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete slump
- Previous by thread: RE: Concrete slump
- Next by thread: RE: Concrete slump