From: David Bejan Tehranchi [mailto:dbt(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 7:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 10" Concrete Col.

I've noticed in several publications that the smallest listing for round
concrete columns is 12" diameter.   Is there any particular reason for this?

My situation that the Architect has spec'ed out 12" dia. columns which are
overkill.  Any reason (i.e. code) that 10" diameter wouldn't be allowed?

TIA,

David B. Tehranchi
Davis, Bowen, Friedel, Inc.
One Plaza East, Suite 200
P.O. Box 93
Salisbury, MD 21803-0093

A pessimist says the glass is half empty,
An optimist says the glass is half full,
Ands the engineer says...
    "It's a good thing I put half my
     water in a redundant glass"
                            ---Dilbert