Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
staad pro and modulus of subgrade reaction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: staad pro and modulus of subgrade reaction
- From: "arman s rivera" <asrivera(--nospam--at)edsamail.com.ph>
- Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:41:40 -0600
thanks for your reply nigel! are you familiar with staad pro? is the value of the modulus that staad pro expects as input also in the unit of kpa? (we use the si system) arman seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org wrote: >Hi Arman, > >With regards to the modulus of subgrade reaction, Bowles recommends this value >to be 40(SF)qa in kPa and 120(SF)qa is kips/square foot; where "qa" is the >soil's allowable bearing capacity in the respective units and "SF" is the safety >factor calculation from SF=qu/qa. > >Nigel. __________________________________ www.edsamail.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: staad pro 2000, modulus of subgrade reaction, etc.
- Next by Subject: Re: staad pro and modulus of subgrade reaction
- Previous by thread: minimum depyh of foundation in hard rock Thumbrile.
- Next by thread: Re: staad pro and modulus of subgrade reaction