comm towers and staad pro

Peter,

presently, we are involved in the design and investigation of communication towers for a leading telecom company here in the philippines.

so far, we have only worked with self supporting towers.  but later on, we will also be working with guyed towers as well.

so far, in all the towers we have done, we have modeled the entire tower as one 3-dimensional tower, complete with diagonal and horizontal bracings.  applied wind loads, antennae loads, and then have staad pro (the software we're using) analyze it.  my concern is whether my analysis approach is being inputted in staad pro correctly.  sometimes, our analysis is correct, but then when we input the data into a program, there may be misinterpretations as to what we want the program to do and what the program is instructed to do by our input files.  and since i have had no formal training on staad pro, i am not sure if my staad models are correct.

can you recommend some references in the design of communication towers?  (both self supporting and guyed towers)

we have looked into the program MS Tower by Microstran, does anyone have an opinion on this product?

regards,
arman

www.edsamail.com