Re: Bridge Analysis & STAAD III

There's a far easier way.

The Washington State Department of Transportation has available a FREE download
of their program QConBridge, which performs analysis for bridge girders using
the AASHTO LRFD loadings.

It does all the "influence line" stuff for you then gives you easily understood
charts and graphs.

It may be found at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/Software/QConBridge.htm

The software is distributed under a "GNU-like" free software license. You can
even obtain the source code and fiddle with it yourself, if you're intrepid.

FWIW, I've used STAAD before for bridge analysis, and it simply stinks at it.
You'll spend almost as much time doing that as you would just constructing
influence lines by hand.