RE: staad pro 2000

arman,

where did you bought your STAAD Pro program ?

If you want SAP2000, we have a local distributor in the Philippines,
by the name of Mr Romer Montoya, if you are a member of ASEP,
you  could get his number with the ASEP Secretary ( forgot the
number, sorry).. Price , last time I talked with him, about Php 150,000
(kung hindi ako nagkakamali)...

regrading modelling of two intesecting cross braces, youre right
you cannot do it as two separate element, but is it really the case that
they are independent elements in actual structure? or does it have
bolts (usually one bolt only) at the brace intersection?

if your structure is symmetrical in both directions, you could simplify
your model by deleting the diagonal brace which will be in tension
when subjected to lateral load in one direction , and just consider
the brace element  w/c will be in compression...

I think STAAD is a good program i, its just that different engineers
have their own preferences...

John E. Alcaras PE(Civil) MASEP