RE: STAAD

Arman stated:

>>>the rei staff told me that it was my model, the 17,000 members was too
much for the program to handle.  but i told him that the staad pro was an
unlimited version, meaning it should be able to handle an unlimited number
of members.  if that's the case, they shouldn't call it unlimited version,
they should call it unlimited version (17,000 max).  <<<<

You might want to check out SAP 2000 if you have really large models.  It
is my understanding that SAP2000 can deal with models where the size of the
global stiffness matrix is larger than the maximum file size that Windows
supports.   Not only is this impressive but it reflects CSI's desire to
help.

Mark Gilligan