Re: Steel joist designation

Domenic,

Possibly the joist was one produced by Laclade Steel.  The only booklet that
I have from Laclade is one on their composite bar joists, where the top
flange angles are inverted and the web bars loop above the top flange angles
to provide a composite connection.  (These do not have a LS#### designation.)

Maybe someone has an old Laclade catalog and can check on this.

Do you have any idea of when the building was constructed?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Domenic W. DeAngelo wrote:

>>I would appreciate it if anyone could give me whatever information is
available (i.e. uniform load, moment, shear, etc.) for the following joist
designation: LS #3214?<<