Re: Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing for Wood

The problem is not that the members were damaged, but that the members were
damaged far too easily. I won't go into all the details of what I found, but it
looks as though they've had ongoing problems with this structure over the
fifteen or so years of its service.

I am concerned that the wood strength is not what may have been anticipated in
design.

Most design and building codes stipulate that investigation of existing
structures should include actual in-situ material properties. That's where I'm
headed.