Re: staad pro and modulus of subgrade reaction

Hi Arman,

I used Staad years ago but don't use it now.  I have never used Staadpro.  As most have said, the Tech Support has always been a problem.  I can't
recall what the Staad's units are for modulus of subgrade reaction, but all you need to do is set the units to metric using kN and m.  One kPa=
one kN/m^2.   I also think that there is a worked example in the user manual for the design of mats.

By the way, the value of kv or ks (Bowles's Foundation Analysis and Design) is 12(SF)qa in Kips/square foot; 120 was a typo.  This shouldn't have
affected you because you are using SI.

Nigel.