Re: comm towers and staad pro

Arman

1. I will see what I can find out concerning communications
towers....
2. I will review my copy of ASCE #52 "Guide for design of steel
transmission towers". I can not see why parts of it can not be
applied to comm. towers, however, it has a large section relating to
configurations for transmission towers (obviously).
3. I reviewed a version of Microstran back in 1989. It had the same
pros and cons of a lot of frame analysis software that was DOS
based. I know that it has a nice interface now, and I think a couple
of my friends in Australia are using it. I will see what they say
about it.
4. If you have access to British standards, try to source a copy of
BS8100 "Lattice Towers and Masts - Part 1, Code of Practice for
Australian Standard, I can not remember the number off hand, but I
will do a search and post it for you.

Peter McCormack