RE: comm towers and staad pro

Brian wrote:

 The one that I have used and like
> (particularly the very good support) is called TOWER from Power Line Systems
> Inc at http://www.powline.com/  (The program's author, Dr. Alain Peyrot, was
> my advisor at the University of Wisconsin, but that has not biased my choice
> of programs - at least not on the conscious level:)
>
> Brian McDonald, SE
> Menlo Park, CA

In a previous post I had mentioned PLS-CADD and Tower by Power
Line Systems.....A number of years ago..maybe not so many ago
(1995-96) I reviewed a number of different software packages for the
utility company I was working for at the time(in Australia). Due to
the various configurations of poles and towers we were using, I
recommended the suite including Tower, Spole, Sframe, Caisson
etc etc.

If I was you, I would be biased. I found the programs the best
available to me(at the time) and the service great.

I also had the honor of attending the University of Wisconsins
CCEE course "Design of transmission line structures and
foundations". Alain has to be the "Transmission Line structures
God". A very approachable man and extremely knowledgeable.

My pennies worth....