Re: Steel joist designation

Domenic,

Joist weight of 38+/- #/ft included in capacity.

For Roof Loading only:

Clear span     Capacity

  54 ft           486 #/ft
  55 ft           471 #/ft

Maximum end reaction:  13,470#

Top chord pitch 1/8"/ft or less, otherwise table values don't apply.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Domenic DeAngelo wrote:

>>Roger,

My joists span 54'-6", which appears to fall within the range noted on your
post. Do you have any information concerning the capacity of the joists? Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Domenic