Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Short anchor bolt projection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Short anchor bolt projection
- From: "Sherman, William" <ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:14:19 -0400
Jimmy C, thanks for your comments, but I'm still unclear as to your intent: > Who said anything about a plug weld? ... > I had in mind a fillet weld around the perimeter of your 1" anchor rod. Guess I misunderstood what you wrote: "field welding the nut to the anchor rod ..."? Are you referring to a fillet weld between the anchor rod and the nut within the recess? While technically different than a "plug weld" the results seem similar to me - won't a plug weld attach to the perimeter of the nut similar to a fillet weld? Or do you mean to weld the anchor rod directly to the base plate, across the 1/8" oversized hole? > As I understand it you have "an" anchor rod to fret with. "An" meaning, > to me, "one". Actually I have 4 anchor bolts each at 2 column foundations. The anchor bolts were set correctly, but a connection redesign and field modification at the top of the column requires us to make up 3/4" somewhere - so we want to add 3/4" grout below the base plate. The contractor wants a "quick" solution, i.e. needs to start erection (the steel is allude on site).
- Prev by Subject: RE: Short anchor bolt projection
- Next by Subject: RE: Short anchor bolt projection
- Previous by thread: RE: Short anchor bolt projection
- Next by thread: RE: Short anchor bolt projection