RE: Certification of Structural Engineers

I would be careful about this.  There are some states that do not offer
the Struct I exam, and therefore may not recognize it.  While I don't know
for sure, I suspect that the Michigan PE board may reject reciprocity to
someone with a PE from another state who took the Struct I exam.  They
might allow it, but only after you present your case to them.  I would
actually offer that it may be wise to take the civil PE first.  My
thoughts are based upon the premise that if a state will require the civil
PE to practice structural, then take the civil PE exam while you still
remember some of the non-structural stuff.

Ultimately, if you want to get licensed in multiple states, you will just
have to get used to the idea of taking a BUNCH of exams until we get a
national standard for SE licenses.

Scott