Plan Stamping - follow-up to NAFTA Thread

The comment below brings up a very good issue. Can someone point me to the
Business and Professional Act or other law that clearly defines the limits
on plan stamping. Specifically, I am interested in the laws which are
applicable to California.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax

And, more importantly, how can a PE stamp work that is not prepared under
their direct supervision? I believe that stamping work performed by others
in California violates the Professional Engineers Act.