Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: NAFTA and Licensing Questions

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"Dennis S. Wish" wrote:
> Licensing:
> It is my understanding that NAFTA provides (through the H-1B law) a
> temporary visa to skilled workers from other countries. It is also my
> understanding that engineers not trained in the US can not obtain a license
> here unless they satisfy the education and experience requirements in the
> state they wish to be licensed AND complete appropriate apprenticeship AND
> pass the exam in the state where the experience is obtained.

Dennis, that USED to be the case, but I have noticed that here in Texas, it is
becoming typical for engineers who have NO U.S. degree whatsoever, to become

That has happened in TWO cases that I know of here.