Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

English 101

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Degenkolb's website has a structural quiz. See:

then click on "Online Quiz"

Question #4 refers to "aseismic design". The answer is:

"Aseismic is the correct word for description of resistance to seismic
effects, although the term seismic design is more commonly used".

I know my strength is NOT English grammar, but I think this answer is
incorrect. I've always thought that "aseismic" means "non-seismic". Of
course, my Webster's doesn't have the word (neither does ).

Does anyone have an opinion or, better yet, a definitive answer on this?

It was the only question I missed :o(.


Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
Consulting Structural Engineers
Laguna Niguel, CA
V (949) 365-5696
F (949) 249-2297