Re: English 101

Unless it is a specific geological term, I am siding with you Bill.

I could not locate the word in my good old "Concise Oxford
Australian dictionary" either

Peter McCormack

From:           	"Bill Allen" <Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com>
To:             	<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject:        	English 101
Date sent:      	Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:01:54 -0700

Degenkolb's website has a structural quiz. See:

http://www.degenkolb.com/

then click on "Online Quiz"

Question #4 refers to "aseismic design". The answer is:

"Aseismic is the correct word for description of resistance to seismic
effects, although the term seismic design is more commonly used".

I know my strength is NOT English grammar, but I think this answer is
incorrect. I've always thought that "aseismic" means "non-seismic". Of
course, my Webster's doesn't have the word (neither does
http://www.webster.com ).

Does anyone have an opinion or, better yet, a definitive answer on this?

It was the only question I missed :o(.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS