Re: NAFTA and Licensing Questions

Dennis:

See my previous post for the web page to the California board web page.

In general, most states require graduation from an ABET accreditted
undergraduate degree OR EQUIVALENT, some period of work
experience/apprenticeship (typically 4 years, except California which I
believe only requires 2 years), pass the EIT, and pass the PE exam.  The
key phrase in there is the "or equivalent".  This is typically inserted
for those people who don't have US degrees.  Typically, if one wishes to
qualify for the "or equivalent" part, that person must "prove" to the
board that their undergraduate degree meets the ABET requirements.

Hope that helps.

Scott