Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: English 101

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"Antiseismic" could be more readily understood than "aseismic" which can be
ambiguous.  "Antiseismic" is a common term in Europe and Asia, particularly

Many if not most of the general public don't know what the word "seismic"
means - even in California. If they have an inclination of what it means,
few know how to spell it. So if you can, its best  to stick to the term

Fred Turner, Staff Structural Engineer, California Seismic Safety
Commission, 1755 Creekside Oaks Drive Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
916-263-0582 Work Phone, 916-263-0594 Fax fturner(--nospam--at)

("e" before "i", "s" before "m")