Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Answers to Licensing of foreign engineers

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I do not come to the same conclusion reading your post.  Note that Officer
of a corp. need not be an owner of a corp.  Only the an Officer of a corp.
be a professional.

George Richards P. E.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis S. Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 2:11 PM
To: SEAINT Listservice
Subject: Answers to Licensing of foreign engineers

6738.  (a) "This chapter does not prohibit one or more civil, electrical, or
mechanical engineers from practicing or offering to practice within the
scope of their registration, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering as
a sole proprietorship, partnership, firm, or corporation, (hereinafter
called business), if all of the following requirements are met:
   (1) A civil, electrical, or mechanical engineer currently registered in
this state is an owner, part owner, or officer in charge of the engineering
practice of the business."
This section implies that there must be a professional engineer as a
principle or partner in the firm that promotes or practices an engineering

It appears that a PE must be a principle in the firm but that the
qualifications for reciprocity is left to the discretion of BOPEL.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
AEC-Residential Listservice
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax