Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: English 101

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Of course you are right, Fred. Unfortunately you answered the wrong
question. It was not whether there would be a better word than "aseismic".

The question to you Fred is do you understand the word "aseismic" to mean
"seismic" or "non-seismic"?

I think I got all my "e"s, "i"s, "s"es and "m"s correct in this and my
previous post. If not, pardon me and please try to wade through the trivial
(for a change) and stay on point. O.K.?


Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
Consulting Structural Engineers
Laguna Niguel, CA
V (949) 365-5696
F (949) 249-2297

||-----Original Message-----
||From: fturner [mailto:fturner(--nospam--at)]
||Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 1:56 PM
||To: seaint(--nospam--at)
||Subject: Re: English 101
||"Antiseismic" could be more readily understood than
||"aseismic" which can be
||ambiguous.  "Antiseismic" is a common term in Europe and
||Asia, particularly
||Many if not most of the general public don't know what the
||word "seismic"
||means - even in California. If they have an inclination of
||what it means,
||few know how to spell it. So if you can, its best  to stick
||to the term
||Fred Turner, Staff Structural Engineer, California Seismic Safety
||Commission, 1755 Creekside Oaks Drive Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
||916-263-0582 Work Phone, 916-263-0594 Fax fturner(--nospam--at)
||("e" before "i", "s" before "m")