Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
California Prop 35[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: California Prop 35
- From: Shafat Qazi <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:50:18 -0700
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS POSITION STATEMENT
A Critical Issue for Design Professionals and the Citizens of California Proposition 35 is About Choice
What it is: Proposition 35 will be a change to the California State Constitution - it will simply give state and local governments the flexibility to retain private sector engineers and architects.
A Yes Vote on Proposition 35 Means:
Local Communities, Schools, Hospitals, Towns, Cities, Counties,
Get to Choose Engineers, Architects and Contractors for Schools,
Transportation and Water Projects.
A No Vote Means:
Government Bureaucracy Gets Even Larger
More Time to Wait for Needed Projects
More Tax Dollars to Pay Salaries and Rent
Spend More $$ for Your Community Projects
We Need Your Help to Get Out The Yes Vote
First, be sure all employees of your firm, not just engineers, are aware of the importance of voting for 35. Urge them to go to the polls or get an absentee ballot and vote Yes.
To E-mail a Friend or Colleague About 35 Go To http://www.yesprop35.com/campaign/friend.html
To send a yes on Prop. 35 Card to a friend or colleague go to http://www.yesprop35.com/card.html
For More General Information Visit the Campaign Web Site at http://www.yesprop35.com
- Prev by Subject: California OSHPD Anchorage Preapproval
- Next by Subject: calling out dry packing
- Previous by thread: Re: 97 UBC 1921.3.3 for Plywood Shearwalls on Concrete Slab Found ation
- Next by thread: Lateral Framing Systems seminar