Re: RE: Certification of Structural Engineers

The requirements to obtain an SE license in Illinois are:

1) graduate of an "approved engineering curriculum of at least 4 years..."
and passes 8 hour EIT exam (or graduate of a "related science curriculum
of at least 4 years..." and passes 8 hour EIT exam).
2) 4 years of structural engineering experience to be "accepted" by the
board (or 8 years if it was a science curriculum not an engineering
curriculum)
3) pass the SE examination which in Illinois is the NCEES Struct I and
Struct II exams

If I recall correctly (looked this up not that long ago when we might have
ended up with a project in Oregon), the Illinois SE has (or at least
appeared to have) direct reciprocity with Oregon.  The thing that confused
me with regards to Oregon is that the Oregon board's web page never
mentioned an SE license, but kind of implied that a PE for structural
required a 16 hour structural exam.  Plus, the fees for the exams listed
fees for the NCEES Struct I and Struct II exam.

Ultimately, the best way to find out is to contact the board of the state
in which you wish to obtain reciprocity.

Hope that helps,

Scott