Re: English 101

After the Landers EQ, I called USGS at Menlo Park to find out if any of their
strong motion seismographs installed at VA hospitals in Arizona were
triggered and how often they checked them.  When I said that I was in
Arizona, the person that I talked to, remarked, "That's pretty much
_aseismic_, isn't it?"

Looks like USGS sides with you, Bill.

BTW, my "Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary" has the following
definition:

"a-   prefix [L & Gk; L, fr. Gk --- more at UN-]: not: without: <asexual>"

Webster's also agrees with you, Bill.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona