RE: Certification of Structural Engineers

Paul:

I was going to offer up the same comment.  The new exam format pretty much
shoots the whole "I'll just study/do structural related problems".

Personally, I don't like the new exam format.  I don't really mind SOME
multiple guess problems, but I don't like tests that are ALL multiple
guess.  It certainly makes the grading (and potential disputes with
grading) easier to deal with, but "exam problems" in real life (ie the
calcs I do every day) are not multiple guess.  Ultimately, multiple guess
exams (with no "short" answer problems) are just too vunerable to people
who are just good "test takers".

Scott