RE: English 101

FWIW

Wordsmithing aside, I am enrolled in the UC Berkeley Extension course
"Seismic Design Of Reinforced Concrete Structures" which is being taught by
a Degenkolb designer. One of our primary textbooks is "Seismic Design of
Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Buildings" by Paulay and Priestly. So the
instructor, who works for the quizmaster, tells us this text is akin to the
Bible of seismic design. [akin, adj.& adv., 1. Of the same kin; related by
blood 2. Of the same nature or qualities.]

I vote that aseismic is atypical.

Brent R. Koch, P.E. not aS.E.
Livermore, CA